November 3rd, 2016 – Federal Agency Briefings with GSA, EPA, NAVFAC, USACE & US SBA – Hosted by the Lake Michigan and Chicago SAME Posts
Highland Park Country Club
1201 Park Ave W, Highland Park, IL 60035
11:30am Arrival of attendees / networking
11:45am Serve Lunch
12:20pm Open program, attendee introduction
12:30pm Panel – Federal Agency Briefings – Moderated by the Wisconsin Procurement Institute
Joining us will be:
Joining us will be:
• Marianne Markowitz, Regional Administrator, Midwest, US Small Business Administration (SBA). CLICK HERE for Marianne’s bio.
• Ann Kalayil, Regional Administrator, General Services Administration (GSA) Region 5. CLICK HERE for Ann’s bio.
• LTC Jason Borg, Deputy District Commander, USACE Chicago. CLICK HERE for LTC Borg’s bio.
• Cmdr. Carl Kirar, Public Works Officer, NAVFAC MIDLANT
• Janis Kiser, PCR, US Small Business Administration (SBA)
• Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
CLICK HERE to register
SAVE THE DATE – SAME Midwest Regional Small Business Expo scheduled for March 29 – 30, 2017 – Northbrook, IL .
Event is in the planning stages – if you have any ideas on training or speakers – please forward to email@example.com
GSA and DOE Call for Innovative Technologies to Improve Federal and Commercial Buildings –
Following a successful inaugural joint GSA/DOE RFI in FY2016, GSA’s Green Proving Ground (GPG) program is again hosting this year’s annual Request for Information
in partnership with the DOE’s High Impact Technology (HIT) Catalyst program. – CLICK HERE
for additional information. Updated October 2016
HDR’s J.J. Tang Awarded Society of Military Engineers (SAME) President’s Medal
June 15, 2016) – HDR’s J.J. Tang, AIA, LEED AP, was awarded the Society of Military Engineers (SAME) 2016 President’s Medal during a special ceremony on May 26 at the 2016 Joint Engineer Education and Training Conference & Expo (JETC) in Phoenix, Arizona. The medal recognizes his outstanding leadership and accomplishments in support of the SAME strategic plan. As the founder and first chair of the national Architectural Practice Committee (APC), one of 10 mission-focused committees, J.J. has been a strong proponent of the APC mission to bring SAME architects together and to promote architecture within the Department of Defense (DoD) and the federal built environment. CLICK HERE
for additional information.