SAME Chicago Post – February Post Meeting – February 27, 2019
Network with SAME members and learn about the success of the Bay Bridge from 1936 versus the rebuilt East Span of 2013. The talk will provide overview of the most important bridges of Ralph Modjeski.
• Presentation Topic: Artist in Concrete and Steel – Bridges of Ralph Modjeski
• Speaker: Jan Plachta, USACE (Retired)
• Where: Tetra Tech, 1 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606, 37th Floor, (Bring your photo ID as you will need to sign in at the lobby).
• Time: 11:30am (Board Meeting will start at 10:30am)
• Lunch Fee: $15 (on RSVP form, please indicate if any dietary restrictions)
Continuing Education Credits will be offered.
Please RSVP by Noon on Monday, February 25th – RSVP HERE
Questions: Please contact April Ricketts, (312) 780-7769 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Navy Great Lakes SeaPerch Regional Competition – April 6, 2019
Start: 04/06/2019 8:00am
End: 04/06/2019 4:00pm
Naval Station Great Lakes Pool
1501 Kansas Street
Great Lakes, IL 60088
CEC USN LT John Parizek, email@example.com
Tests of Engineering Aptitude, Mathematics and Science (TEAMS)- June 29, 2019 – National Harbor near Washington, D.C.
Tests of Engineering Aptitude, Mathematics and Science (TEAMS) is a competition for students in middle and high school that allows them to apply their knowledge of skills in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) to issues facing our global society. The TEAMS competition gives students an opportunity to explore issues that engineers face every day. In 2019, students will answer questions and design solutions based on the theme “The Engineering Brain.”
Essay judge volunteers needed in February and March – CLICK HERE to view more details!