Summer STEM Camps Application Deadline – March 6, 2020
After this date the editing site will no longer be available.
You will need to know or have the following information in order to complete your application:
- Name, email and phone of your emergency contact
- Your current High School GPA
- What STEM classes you have completed or are taking as well as the grade you received for each during each of your High School years
- Your top three extracurricular activities
- You will have to write two (2) 250-word paragraphs: a description of yourself and why you want to attend the SAME Camps.
- You will be asked to choose a Post to sponsor you. A list of our Posts is available at SAME Posts
- In order to apply to the US Army Camp at Vicksburg, you must have finished your sophomore year
- IF YOU WILL BE A SENIOR IN THE FALL (AFTER CAMP) AND ARE APPLYING TO THE US AIR FORCE ACADEMY CAMP YOU WILL HAVE TO SHOW PROOF THAT YOU ARE EITHER APPLYING TO ROTC OR A SERVICE ACADEMY
Application available HERE
SAME has been supporting science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) events for over 30 years and conducting camps for almost 20 years.
Our camps are world-class and feature a very impressive record of producing thousands of engineers and STEM leaders. They provide a rigorous experience for students interested in exploring STEM skills and careers. Campers gain a sense of what it takes to become a STEM professional and what options exist to explore that interest from high school to college and beyond. Each camp has a unique curriculum that generally features hands-on activities conducted in a competitive environment that promote teamwork, leadership, project management, and problem solving.
Campers are supervised by mentors made up of professional engineers, engineering students, military personnel, educators, and other STEM professionals. These mentors are committed to inspiring campers to pursue STEM in college. Mentors are also resources for the campers, providing long-term connections for our alumni.
2020 Engineering & Construction Camp applications are OPEN!!
Deadline to apply is March 16, 2020.